03 October 2016

VIKINGS U9s - TEAM MESSAGE

VIKINGS U9s – Team Message
Hi all
I just wanted to write up a few quick lines about myself and what I think is the way ahead for the baseball season. My name is Gordon Smith and I am the father of Aiden Smith who is playing for the Vikings U9 team. Aiden played in the Vikings U8 team last season and I helped out as the first base coach and my partner Leanne scored. We all enjoyed the season so much when the coaching position became available I jumped at the chance to be more involved with the sport.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to take up the position of coach until the second game due to prior commitments, however Ryan Andrews has agreed to step in for the moment and run the team. Thanks Ryan, you’re a legend.
As one of the key tasks as a coach I am looking for assistance/volunteers during the year from parents in areas of the game such as regular “pitch machine” operator, bench coach, scorer and base coaches to encourage and mentor the kids and to make the game enjoyable for everyone.
I encourage parents to provide ideas/feedback to myself and I will provide my contact details via email.
I am looking to also have a separate training session for the kids during the week to improve their knowledge/skills of the game. This training is not mandatory for the kids to attend, but it would be good to encourage team spirit and enhance camaraderie and hopefully lifelong friendships.
However, for the moment Erni Rauter (Club Coach) is currently running training sessions at Viking Park on Mondays at 4.30pm, if you want your child to attend and learn new skills. The sessions last about an hour and well worth attending.
I am also keen to start a type of fruit roster for the kids to have oranges after the game. Please let me know if you would like to participate and I will put a roster together.
Thanks again and I look forward to meeting all the parents soon.
Gordon

No comments:

Post a Comment